Wheatley are currently on the search for a Database Administrator. Please see the job role below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are always seeking talent and very much want to hear from you if you think you can add to our expertise and experience. We often update this page with new positions that need filling, so if the role you are after is not shown below, please check back soon.
Part of a small team of three you and one other will work closely alongside the Senior DBA with a view to collaboratively achieving the company’s goals and objectives.
You will be taking responsibility for a range of day-to-day Oracle SQL database activities. Supporting internal teams and customers you can expect duties to include database monitoring, tuning and maintenance; developing application release scripts (using TortoiseSVN); system reports and much more.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Commercial experience with Oracle SQL;
• An understanding of Oracle databases and a familiarity with creating schema objects, admin, security, change control and troubleshooting;
• The ability to deal with things independently but also to know when to escalate;
• The ability to work under pressure to a high standard;
• A mind-set to question when things do not appear right and an eagerness to learn on the job;
• Solid oral and written communication skills;
• The ability to prioritise workload.
Wheatley offer a forward-thinking, dynamic working environment in a rural office location with great benefits, including flexible working and casual dress, currently employing 57 expert and innovative individuals with a shared vision for development and growth.
Do you want to join an ambitious company that will help you achieve real successes and succeed alongside an experienced team? This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person looking for their next challenge and step forward in their career. Get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com.
By applying for any role at Wheatley you consent to security screening searches to BS7858 standards, should you be selected.
To see a copy of our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants, please click here.