Wheatley are currently on the search for a new Project Manager, Infrastructure Engineer and a Database Administrator. Please see the job roles below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are always seeking talent and very much want to hear from you if you think you can add to our expertise and experience. We often update this page with new positions that need filling, so if the role you are after is not shown below, please check back soon.
As part of a team of four you will work closely with the Senior Project Manager with a view to collaboratively achieving the company’s goals and objectives.
You will be taking responsibility for the delivery of Projects throughout the Project Life Cycle; you can expect duties to include:
• Managing the delivery of projects in a timely manner and to customer expectations
• Matching resources against project needs
• Reporting internally on status of all projects under your control
• Co-ordinate project delivery with customer and ensure all communication is being handled in line with the company communication strategy.
• Ensure that documented consideration is given for non-functional requirements and project risks
• Conduct post-project reviews to identify areas of improvement for Wheatley’s existing operating and management procedures (including ISO 9001 and ISO 27001).
• Suggest and implement process improvements through lessons learnt.
• Manage Project priorities, demonstrating the ability to correctly apply priorities – important vs urgent.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate competency and evidence in the following;
• Project Management: Demonstrates a good level of knowledge and understanding and a proven record in successful delivery of previous projects, Prince2 or equivalent desired but not essential.
• Independent thinking: Able to deal with things independently but knows when to bring to management’s attention.
• Prioritisation: Recognises Important vs Urgent and balances workload accordingly. Sets themselves realistic goals and maintains a good track record of achieving them.
• Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Diplomacy: Develops good relationships with customers
• Process Improvement: Investigates, analyses and reviews a process identifying areas for improvement
Supporting internal and external customers alike, you will be responsible for all the hardware and software needs of the business. Expertise/experience in linux server administration, network analysis and infrastructure architecture is desired.
Part of a small team of three you and one other will work closely alongside the Senior DBA with a view to collaboratively achieving the company’s goals and objectives.
You will be taking responsibility for a range of day-to-day Oracle SQL database activities. Supporting internal teams and customers you can expect duties to include database monitoring, tuning and maintenance; developing application release scripts (using TortoiseSVN); system reports and much more.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Commercial experience with Oracle SQL;
• An understanding of Oracle databases and a familiarity with creating schema objects, admin, security, change control and troubleshooting;
• The ability to deal with things independently but also to know when to escalate;
• The ability to work under pressure to a high standard;
• A mind-set to question when things do not appear right and an eagerness to learn on the job;
• Solid oral and written communication skills;
• The ability to prioritise workload.
Wheatley offers a forward-thinking, dynamic working environment in a rural office location with great benefits, including flexible working and casual dress, currently employing 57 expert and innovative individuals with a shared vision for development and growth.
Do you want to join an ambitious company that will help you achieve real successes and succeed alongside an experienced team? This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person looking for their next challenge and step forward in their career. Get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com.
By applying for any role at Wheatley you consent to security screening searches to BS7858 standards, should you be selected.